Mail Time! | Ulta

See that little $3.50 off coupon on the right column on my blog? Well I did! As soon as I put the banner up I knew I had to go on Ulta.com to see if I could pick up any items that I've been meaning to try out with that discount. I freaking hit the (mini) jackpot when I saw that both NYX and Revlon had "buy one, get one 50% off" deals. SCORE!!! To see what I purchased keep on reading.
All the items I purchased were things that the lovely Estée from Essiebutton has talked about. If you don't about Estée you should really go and check out her blog and YouTube channel. She's kind of a derp (like me), loves makeup, has a very effortless style, and honestly seems like such a genuinely nice person. I've learned to trust her opinion when it comes to products so I've built a pretty big list of products that she raves about that I've been meaning to check out. Since my budget is not the biggest at the moment because I'm just focusing on finishing up schoo, I decided to just pick up four things.
The first two items are from NYX. Believe it or not I really haven't tried that many NYX products and this was the first time I've ever bought NYX blushes. I decided to pick up both a cream and powder blush so I could try both formulas. Unfortunately the NYX powder blush in Taupe wasn't available so I picked up the blush in Mauve ($5) which is a light mauve shade. I'm honestly quite scared of cream blushes because I have oily skin but I decided to give their cream blushes a shot and I'm very glad I did. I picked up the cream blush in Tea Rose ($6) which is a really rosy pink blush perfect for spring and summer. To be quite honest the two shades are nearly identical when swatched and although I'm loving both blushes I feel quite dumb for picking two products in the same shade. Damn the the Ulta.com swatches for being so deceiving!
NYX Powder Blush in Mauve
NYX Cleam Blush in Tea Rose
Mauve on the left and Tea Rose on the right
 Now for the next two products were things that both Estée and my friend Nicole from Eyeheartmakeup.com have both talked about and those are REVLON LIPSTICKS. My Revlon lipstick collection isn't very big so I decided to pick up two shades after hearing many people rave about both the matte and super lustrous formulas and thank god I caved in because they're great! After waiting forever to find it I finally got the Super Lustrous lipstick in  Black Cherry. I can honestly see myself wearing this lipstick the whole freaking year. It was love at first sight! It is the perfect dark lipstick for me and you can definitely expect to see this lipstick often on my blog. The other lipstick I got is a lot more toned down for those very rare days that I feel like wearing a more natural lip. I decided to pick up the Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over, I have to admit I'm not in love with this shade but I'll have to see how I can make it work for me.
Mauve It Over on the right and Black Cherry on the left
Mauve It Over on the right and Black Cherry on the left
 Finally I got some great samples with my purchase. I got the L'Oréal and Maybelline BB creams which I've wanted to try but I honestly don't feel like purchasing the whole tube before knowing whether its going to work on my skin or now. I smell a little "battle of the American BB creams" blog post coming up some time next week. ;) I also got a sample of Benefit's Hello Flawless which I honestly haven't heard much about but I'm still excited to try it out.
Ugh, I'm such a sucker for samples
 Are you a fan of NYX or Revlon?
If so, what products do you recommend? 

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments :

  1. Yes! So glad you got Black Cherry.

    NYX has some pretty decent stuff. I'd buy more of their stuff if I didn't already have a lot of staple products. Dude I never have luck with finding Taupe. I guess it's pretty popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to wear Black Cherry!

      I found it at a swap meet but it was more expensive than it was at Ulta and I wasn't sure that if it was real or now. Lol I might just have to buy it online.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The lipsticks are so gorgeous! I honestly can't wait to rock Black Cherry even its not a very spring or summer color.

      Delete