Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert

Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert
Last night I went to see Lykke Li right here in San Diego and I decided to dedicate a little post to what I was wearing. Since Lykke Li is a fan of dark eye makeup I decided to ditch my soft makeup and embrace a smoky eye. I've been such a huge fan of Lykke Li since 2008 when her debut album Youth Novels was released. That was one of those life changing albums that I will always hold close to my heart. You might not know this but I used to run a Lykke Li tumblr fan page a few years ago so I'm not kidding when I say that I'm a huge fan. I'm hoping to recreate a Lykke Li makeup look very soon as a tutorial, but for now here's what I wore for the concert!


Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert
Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert
Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert
Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert
Face
I began by priming my face with the Neutrogena Shine Control Primer* because I always get shinier than usual at concerts. To keep the shine at bay I paired the primer with the bareMinerals Matte Foundation which is finally receiving a little more love these past few days. To conceal any blemishes and my under eye area I used the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, once again. For this particular look I decided to ditch the blush and just apply some bronzer on my face. If you have a fair to light skin tone then you're going to absolutely love The Body Shop's Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Light Matte! It is truly some magical stuff...
Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert
Eyes
I first primed my eyes with the Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer and then grabbed my Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD 5-Colour Eye Shadow in Brick Lane palette. I first applied the shimmery taupe shade (bottom left) all over my lids and then used a pencil brush to smudge the darker shade above the taupe on the top and bottom lashes. I made sure to blend out the dark eyeshadow really well so that it would look softer on the eye. Finally to brighten things up I applied the Wet n Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow Single in Brulée on the browbone and the lightest shade in the Rimmel palette in the inner corner of the eye. On the waterline I applied the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Taupe because black on the waterline just looks a bit too harsh. Finally I applied two coats of the Yves Rocher Volume Elixir Mascara.
Face of the Day | Lykke Li Concert
Lips
When I saw Makeup Geek's "Best Drugstore Lipsticks for 90s Trend" I was introduced to the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet and immediately added it to my wish list. It is a beautiful dusty rose lipstick that could very much act like a nude lipstick without having the look of concealer lips.
Lykke Li San Diego
Here's a few pictures from yesterday's amazing Lykke Li concert. It was my first time seeing her in concert since she canceled a previous San Diego show a few years ago. I have loved her for years not and after seeing her perform my respect for her has skyrocketed. She is an incredible artist and performer. I was dancing and singing along to almost all her songs and during her ballads I was just mesmerized by her smooth voice. Top top off a great night I also had the opportunity to briefly interact with her after the show. She was exhausted but was kind enough to sign a few autographs and talk to the fans for a bit.

I hope you enjoyed my latest face of the day post. If you're a fan of Lykke Li, what is your favorite song? Mine favorite songs are Tonight and Jerome.

No comments :

Post a Comment