Found in San Diego | The Flower Fields

The Flower Fields
I think by now pretty much all of you know how proud I am to be from San Diego. I tend to mention my hometown in a lot of my posts because I absolutely love it here, but now I've decided to start a new blog post series to highlight some of my favorite places and areas in San Diego. To kick off this series, I'm going to share the stunning Flower Fields that are only open for a few months out of the year. You might remember The Flower Fields from a post I did last year, but this time around I got to see more of the fields and learn about the variety of events held here. Whether you have a family or not, this is a fantastic place to visit and release your inner flower child.


The Flower Fields
The Flower Fields are located in Carlsbad (North San Diego County) and it features 50 acres of vibrant ranunculus. They have been growing flowers on these fields for over 100 years, and they have everything from ranunculus to the classic poinsettias. Usually the flowers bloom a little later during the spring season but due to the warm weather and the recent rain, they've started to bloom much earlier than expected. The fields are open seasonally for around six to eight weeks out of the year, starting early March and ending around Mother's Day. The day pass retails for $14.00 for adults, $13 for seniors, $7 for children 3-10 years old, and children under 2 get in for free.
The Flower Fields
Obviously the ranunculus is the queen of The Flower Fields and rightly so with over 70 million ranunculus flowers. Yes, 70 million! That's a lot of flowers. If you're a fan of other types of flowers, don't you worry because there's so many flower varieties on the fields. There are daisies, orchids, sweet peas, poinsettias, and so many other flowers that I don't even recognize. Random fact: My grandmother owned a small flower shop in Tijuana and I have a feeling that she would be a little upset that I didn't grow up to be a flower encyclopedia like she was.

I may had gone little overboard with the flower pictures during this trip, but how can you not? They're incredibly stunning and so vibrant! My personal favorites were the yellow and orange ranunculus flowers, but I also really loved the beige orchids which I had never need before prior to touring The Flower Fields. I'm most definitely going to return sometime during the season but with a few outfits to shoot, because you can take dreamy pictures among certain parts of the ranunculus fields.
The Flower Fields
Apart from the flowers, there's also plenty of activities to do while you're at The Flower Fields. You can attempt to conquer the Sweet Pea Maze or take a ride through the fields on a tractor. The fields also host many events, musicians, and even craft fairs throughout the spring. For a list of activities and events, please visit their website.

If you're from San Diego or the Orange County area, I highly suggest you take a trip to The Flower Fields during the spring. It's a great place to visit with the family and one of the best places in San Diego to take pictures at.

Which area or landmark do you want me to cover in my Found in San Diego series? Let me know in the comments below!

Disclaimer: I was invited to The Flowers Fields as a blogger to participate on media day. This is a non-sponsored blog post.

No comments :

Post a Comment