Nails of the Day | Relentless

L.A. Colors Color Last Nail Polish in Relentless
The other day when I went to Walmart I came across a brand new display of L.A. Colors nail polishes that claimed to last up to 10 days. With claims like that, you know I had to pick up one of these bad boys up to see if they really hold up over a week. There was a decent selection of shades available from the classic white, to very unique shades like this vibrant purple. I went ahead and bought a color that I was 100% sure that I didn't already own, and I was right! I don't have anything as vibrant as this purple shade, so it made me very happy to get such a fun shade for the summer. Now for the important thing, does this nail polish really last up to 10 days?


L.A. Colors Color Last Nail Polish in Relentless

I honestly don't know how I ever thought that a $1.99 nail polish could last up to 10 days, but I can let you know that is certainly not the case. Although I used my trusty Essie Gel Setter Top Coat, I still got chipping within two days. I first noticed the chips on my right hand, which is not surprising since I do use my right hand a lot when I type. While the long lasting claim isn't necessarily true, I still think the L.A. Colors Color Last Nail Polish has a nice formula.

Normally really bright and borderline neon shades will apply very streaky and need a coat of white polish to really make them pop, but this one didn't. The first coat went a bit transparent but when I applied the second coat it instantly looked very opaque like you see on the pictures. It also dried down to a very shiny finish which reminds me of a jelly bean.
L.A. Colors Color Last Nail Polish in Relentless
Although the L.A. Colors Color Last Nail Polish didn't quite live up to its claims, I still see myself getting another color because they're just so affordable.

What's your favorite bargain nail polish brand? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment