Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends

Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
Last week Neiman Marcus in Fashion Valley hosted their semi-annual lunch to present the upcoming trends for fall and winter. The San Diego based bloggers and stylists were served a great lunch as the models walked down to show us all the different trends that we'll be seeing this upcoming season. I'm not much of a spring/summer person, but fall/winter fashion excites me so much. Bring on the dark colors, berry tones, and layers upon layers! I was also very happy to see some more trends that lend themselves to someone who isn't very girly like myself. I can definitely see myself rocking some moody fall florals or a sporty bomber jacket. Here's my recap of some of the trends that really caught my eye.


Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
For the men, British accents are going to be a big trend. That means everything from plaids, checks, and tweeds will be coming back in full force. And don't worry, women can definitely hop on board the British accents trend as well since plaid will always be in style in the colder months. We will also see big statement coats for men this upcoming winter, which I wish we could see more of here in San Diego but it never does get cold enough for such a big coat.
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
If you saw my spring/summer recap, then you most likely will remember how red was a very prevalent color and it's not going anywhere. Red and other berry shades will be pretty much everywhere from your clothes, to your makeup. Personally I love red and berry lipsticks, but I don't own any clothing or accessories in those shades. Maybe I'll start looking for those colors at the thrift stores to incorporate them into my wardrobe.
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
Here we have a combination of more berry tones and also some layering going on in this look. We also have the juxtaposition of the girly dress and the masculine bomber jacket, which is something that I personally like seeing. Bomber jackets are still going to have their moment this fall/winter, but this time around they are looking much more sporty than during spring/summer. Another trend that you can see here is the statement purse which we saw a lot during the lunch.
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
This outfit is giving me like 1975 Mick Jagger vibes and I'm loving it. Everything from the flared jeans to the velvet jacket are giving me life. This fall/winter we'll be seeing lots of velvet and as much as I loved that Tom Ford velvet blazer, I'm going to have to search high and low for something similar at the thrift store. If you're a fan of chokers then you'll probably love the daring choker trend that we'll be seeing a lot in stores within the next few months.
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
If you don't want to rock a statement velvet jacket, then you can also rock the trend with your shoes. Those were my favorite shoes I saw during the lunch. I loved the burnt orange color and the very chunky heel. In this look you can also see the fall floral trend, which is basically darker floral prints. These aren't your bright and airy florals that we commonly see during the spring.
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
Here's another take on the fall floral trend. The long skirt with the overblown floral pattern is just very dark and moody, which I love. I also really love how this outfit mixes feminine touches with more masculine pieces like the jacket and tailored blouse. We will be seeing a lot of big skirts that move this fall, and that's something that I can fully hop on board since I'm not a fan of short skirts.
Can we take a moment to appreciate the embroidery? The amount of detail in this dress was absolutely beautiful. I also love the more subdued shades of blush and caramel. The blush jacket was beautiful! I've actually been trying to look for something similar but have yet to find a blush colored leather jacket that truly fits my body well.
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
If you want to see more from the lunch, then you can check out my Get Ready With Me video that I filmed that same day. All the looks that you saw in this post were styled by the incredibly talented Alex Yanez. I would also love to thank Neiman Marcus for yet another fantastic event, they always put together such a lovely event.
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
Neiman Marcus Fall/Winter 2016 Trends
Which trend did you like the best? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment