Outfit of the Day | Rock The Vote

Outfit of the Day | Rock The Vote
In the past I never really cared much about politics, but boy has time changed the way I view politics. If you've been following this election, then you know how crazy and weird it has all been. I was personally a Bernie girl and will continue to support him even though he's not the Democratic Presidential nominee. What Bernie's campaign was able to do for me is something that I will forever be thankful for. Because of his campaign I can now say that I am a much more active and passionate participant in our nation's government. I really feel like more young adults should feel that same passion and rally together to shape our country's future. That's why I think it's amazing for a beauty and entertainment website like Popsugar to team up with Rock the Vote to encourage people to register to vote and get their voices heard.


Outfit of the Day | Rock The Vote
Outfit of the Day | Rock The Vote
Outfit of the Day | Rock The Vote
Top- Rock the Vote x Popsugar (Similar)
Sandals- Birkenstock
Rings- Love Tatum and Gifted (Similar)
Outfit of the Day | Rock The Vote
Now I did mention that I was and still am a Bernie girl, but I definitely won't be participating in the Bernie or Bust movement. I personally wouldn't be able to live with the consequences that a Trump presidency would bring. Also as a Latina and Mexican woman, voting for another person other than Hillary would be a slap to every Mexican and every Latino person that's trying to live out their American dream. Us Mexicans are not criminals, rapists, or drug dealers. Muslims aren't terrorists and shouldn't have to be banned. Women are worthy of being treated as equals and should not be referred to as "pigs" or "slobs." Trump's views are downright frightening and insulting to every group of people imaginable, not to mention he doesn't have any political experience. Do we really want a reality TV star as our next President? It's one thing to host a TV show and another to be the President of the United States.

I know some people would advise me not to mix blogging with politics, but you know this is what we're currently dealing with. Life sucks and going forth with the Bernie or Bust movement would lead to horrible things for so many groups of minorities that have been under attack by the Trump campaign. I identify myself as a progressive individual and I want what's best for everyone, from students to people living in poverty. There's a lot of improvements that we can make as a country, and that's why I am voting for Hillary Clinton. While she's not my favorite candidate, her views closely align with mine so I feel like I'm not compromising my political views too much.

Whatever your political views may be, I just want to encourage my blog readers to go out and vote this coming November. Do it for your country's future, as well as your own future. And please remember that every voice counts, so don't belittle yourself this upcoming election.

To register to vote you can click right here.

Will you be rocking the vote this November? Let me know in the comments below! You know I will be voting and Snapchatting all Election Day. I'm already getting mentally prepared for that epic Snapchat story and nerve wracking day.

No comments :

Post a Comment