Review | L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir

L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir Review
If you're a longtime reader of my blog, then you know that I adore the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga and the Miss Manga Rock mascaras. I was a bit surprised that I had not heard a thing about the L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir from UK based bloggers, or so I thought. It turns out that this mascara is actually a spin-off of the original Voluminous Million mascara and it even has the same packaging. For some reason the L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir in the United States got a little name change and the same packaging as the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga and the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock, which lead me to believe that I would get a similar effect. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and this has been one of the few times that L'Oréal has disappointed me with a mascara release.


Here's my complete review of the L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir. I have reviewed both the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga and the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock, so you can click on the specific link to be taken to that review.
L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir Review
L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir claims to be the first L'Oréal mascara to give you instant volume. They are so adamant about the "instant volume" claim that it gets mentioned a few times in their packaging. The formula in this mascara is ultra glossy, smudge-free, and it's able to be removed easily with soap and water. I personally don't find this glossy at all and it's certainly not smudge-free as they claim.
L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir Review
I actually really liked the rubber bristle brush in the L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir because it gets rid of clumps very well, but it is a lot more reminiscent of the Voluminous Million brush than the Miss Manga brush. The bristles in this brush are spaced quite close and supposedly the brush holds enough product to provide feline volume in one coat.
L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir Review
L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir Review
For a mascara that claims to give you volume in one coat, the L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir really doesn't do that great of a job. One coat will give you longer and more defined lashes, but I personally wouldn't call that voluminous. In order to get a true voluminous look I find myself needing two thick coats or three coats of mascara. Personally I think that's too much of a hassle for a mascara that claims to be volumizing. As a note, I never curl my lashes when I do reviews so you can see if it will able to lift my lashes on its own.

What do you think of the L'Oréal Voluminous Féline Noir? Will you be purchasing it? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment