Review | Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam

Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam Review
If you're addicted to social media, then you've most likely have seen and heard about the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam. Ouai (pronounced "way") is the new "it" hair care company that was founded by celebrity hairstylist, Jen Atkin. She's most known for styling the Kardashian girls and like we all know by now, the Kardashians (love them or hate them) are pretty much the biggest trendsetters in the beauty world. Much like the Kardashians, Ouai has built an incredible social media following and gained a lot of beauty blogger fans along the way. Literally everything they've released so far has been raved and raved about, but no product beats the hype that surrounded the launch of the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam. Yes, this is a dry shampoo in mousse form. Since this product was incredibly overhyped, I decided to give it a try on my dark wavy/curly hair.


As always, I'm going to recommend you to watch the video before continuing with the post. In the video review you'll be seeing my real reaction upon trying the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam for the first time. Plus you'll also be seeing how long I massaged the product in for and how the process looks like. Take into consideration that a few jump cuts were made because I also did this review in Spanish, so I literally have to repeat myself in Spanish after I explain something.
Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam Review
The Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam contains 5.3 oz/150 g of product and costs $28, making it one of the pricier dry shampoos that I've tried. This dry shampoo is meant to perform well on any hair type and hair color (even color treated hair). It is formulated without parabens, but those sensitive to smells will possibly find the signature Ouai scent a little too strong (I personally LOVE it though).

To use the Dry Shampoo Foam you're supposed to shake the can very well before applying a ping pong sized amount of the mousse to the palm of your hand. If you have thick hair (or a lot of hair like myself) then just dispense a little more product. You then want to apply the foam on the areas where you would not only see but also feel the all oil/product buildup (aka the roots of your hair). If you have bangs, then make sure to apply some product on them as well. The key with this dry shampoo is to massage it into the hair (almost like if you were actually shampooing your hair) for over a minute. A minute may seem a little excessive when regular dry shampoo takes just seconds to work it in (unless you have dark hair like mine), but it'll be so worth it.
Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam Review
Most dry shampoos will leave either a white cast or white flakes on my dark brown (almost black) hair, but the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam didn't do either of those things. This is truly the first dry shampoo that I've found to be completely clear! I've tried many dry shampoos that claim to not leave a white cast or turn your dark hair gray, but they've never lived up to those claims. Even the "clear" dry shampoos would leave some residue that would be visible on my dark hair.

Apart from the fact that the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam is completely clear, it also left my hair feeling a lot cleaner and more voluminous. I mean, look at that volume! It honestly looks like I purposely styled my hair and bangs like that, but in actuality it was just the dry shampoo that did all the work for me.
Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam Review
Here's a close up of my bangs and scalp so you can see that the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam didn't leave a white residue on my dark hair. And yes, this is my natural hair color. I've actually gotten messages asking me what hair dye I use but I haven't dyed my hair in over 3 years.
Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam Review
So what's the verdict? I honestly think that the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam lives up to the hype. Now I will say that this might not be the dry shampoo for everyone, but I feel very confident to recommend it to people with a similar hair color and texture to mine. If you've struggled to find a completely clear dry shampoo that will leave your hair looking bouncy and clean, then the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam might be worth looking into. I will say that I'm really curious to see how long this can of the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam will last me since I do use dry shampoo regularly. I will have to report back on that on a later day.

Have you tried any products by Ouai? If so, which one? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment