Review | Fenty Beauty Match Stix

Fenty Beauty Match Stix Review
If you've followed my blog for quite a while, then you already know how much I love stick products. In fact I event have a full blog post about my favorite stick products titled "5 Stick Products to Try Out," all of them which I would still highly recommend (with the exception of the Estée Edit Pore Vanishing Stick because the brand no longer exists. RIP Estée Edit). Thankfully there's a new stick product on the market that I've become completely obsessed with and they are the Fenty Beauty Match Stix. The Match Stix have become a staple in my makeup routine ever since I picked up the Match Stix Trio during the Fenty Beauty launch weekend. In this post I'm going to share what I like and don't like about these sticks, as well as a quick tutorial using the sticks.


Check out my video review to see the Fenty Beauty Match Stix in action!
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Review
Products Mentioned
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Trio, $54
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Linen, $25
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Amber, $25
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Yatch Lyfe, $25
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Starstruck, $25
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Review
The Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick come in 20 shades and can be used to conceal, correct, highlight, and contour. The shade range is definitely amazing for a stick product because I've found that most brands will stick to an extremely limited shade range when it comes to skin tone colors. The Match Stix Matte Skinstick are designed to layered on top of each other or on top of your foundation, but do take into consideration that they'll work much better when layered on top of a cream or liquid foundation. I've found that I've been contouring pretty much daily since I started incorporating Amber into my makeup routine because the color is perfect for me, it's not too dark or too gray. My only con with these is that although the brand claims that these won't crease or cake, I do find that you get some creasing on the lid when worn as an eyeshadow and also on the undereye area when used as a concealer. Apart from that, the formula is an absolute homerun for anyone that has oily or combo skin.

On the other hand, the Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick comes in 10 shades which can be used to highlight, bronze, or add some color to the cheeks. Although I love both Yatch Lyfe and Starstruck, I do hope that they will add a wider range of shimmer sticks in the future. I would love to see a lighter highlighter than Starstruck, as well as more blush shades that don't have a chunky glitter. I'm all for a little shimmer but this particular formula has very chunky shimmer which can be a little problematic for acne prone or textured skin. I also do have to make a note that this cream to powder formula doesn't translate well as a lipstick. I found it to be gritty, dry, and quite uncomfortable on the lips.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the Fenty Beauty Match Stix and would highly recommend them. Definitely pick up one of the Match Stix Trios if you're interested in starting your own collection.

What have you tried from Fenty Beauty? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment