Face of the Day | Red Lips

For today's face of the day I decided to keep the makeup simple and once again and focus on the lips. I love a good red lipstick and this Elf matte lipstick is AMAZING! I bought it back in November and it has quickly become one of my all-time favorite red lipsticks. Keep reading the blog post so you can find out how to recreate this simple look using all drugstore products.

Face
For foundation I used the Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 in 810 Classic Ivory because as you read on my past face of the day, it is my favorite foundation. I applied a small amount of foundation all over my face to just even out my skin tone and then used the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser in 20 Light Pale on my dark circles, around the nose, and everywhere else that has some darkness. I didn't want to do contour or apply anything that is too dark on my cheeks, since red lips by themselves are a big statement, so I just used the Milani Baked Powder Blush in 08 Corallina lightly on my cheeks. As you noticed I did not apply any powder today on purpose because I've noticed that the foundation does a good job of controlling the appearance of oil on my face. Its been a couple of hours since taking the pictures and while my face doesn't look as matte as when I applied it, it doesn't look oily which is great.


Eyes
I bought the Wet n' Wild Walking on Eggshells eyeshadow palette after hearing a ton of YouTube gurus rave about it and I'm happy to report that the product lives up to the hype. If you had me do a blind test, I would honestly think that those eye shadows are high end. They are incredibly pigmented and don't need an eyeshadow base to make them look vibrant. I used the middle brown shade, all over my eyelid and crease and the top shade as an inner corner highlight and under my eyebrow. Then for eyeliner I just decided to create a thin line using the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black. The only non-drugstore product I used was the MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 just to neutralize the redness in my waterline. For mascara I decided to use the Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara in Black and on my bottom lashes I used the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Dark Brown. On the brows I just lightly filled them in with the light shade in the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Auburn/Red.

Lips
As I mentioned before I used the Elf Matte Lip Color in Rich Rude on my lips. It is honestly one of the best makeup finds in the drugstore. I found mine at Target and let me tell you what the best thing is... IT'S ONLY $3!! Yeah, you heard right! For less than $5 you'll get an amazing blue tone red lipstick. Since the lipstick comes in form of a pencil it can be both as a lipstick and lip liner. If the lipstick becomes flat or just very rounded at the tip, you can pull off the red end of the lipstick to find a small sharpener so you can sharpen the tip and get a sharp crisp application. This lipstick wears well and it doesn't feel dry on the lips despite being a matte lipstick. It is honestly such a steal and I highly recommend you to pick it up if you are a fan of red lipstick like I am.
Tools
Elf Complexion Brush
Kirkland Eyeshadow Brush
Crown Brush pencil brush
Tarte Eyelash Curler
Kirkland eyebrow brush and spoolie
 What do you think of the look? What are some of your favorite red lipsticks? PS. I can't take myself seriously when I'm just taking pictures of myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment