Outfit of the Day | We got THE BEAT!

On Friday I had the opportunity to attend a blogger event at the cool rocker boutique, The Beat, located in Carlsbad. That was the first time I've ever gone Carlsbad Village area and you know what? It's a pretty cool area. There's lots of restaurants and boutiques which is sure to satisfy the needs of both locals and tourists alike. The Beat definitely stands out  from the other boutiques in Carlsbad Village which tend to cater more to the beachy Californian girl. From the moment I walked in I definitely got a good vibe all thanks to the rad music and decor.


There's a variety of jewelry from independent designers. I of course was attracted to the gold pieces. What can I say? I'm a sucker for gold.
During the event fellow San Diego bloggers, Patflor and Any Second Now, and the owner of The Beat were talking about the fall trends. I'd say The Beat definitely has a lot of the black & white and gray pieces that will be on trend this fall. I mean who doesn't like a good gray shirt right? Says the girl who wore a gray shirt to the event.
So I got a little rocker makeover at the event! I'd like to call this look "ze rock derp." The owner wanted to add some rocker edge to my polished yet casual outfit. I'm definitely too uptight to wear rocker clothes but it was so much fun getting to try out some of the unique necklaces made by independent jewelry designers. 

I don't even like football but I have to say these Charger shirts are a nice option for the girl who loves football since these are actually pretty damn adorable.
The Beat carries so many band t-shirts! I was definitely impressed by all the cool shirts and you know that I do love band tees. Also another cool thing I noticed was all the music equipment in the store. There were drums, a tambourine, vinyl discs, and other things. Its always great to see music being appreciated like that.
Location- The Beat, Carlsbad, CA
Top- Uniqlo
Bottoms- Forever 21
Belt- Zara (it came with these green Chino pants I bought)
Sandals- Target
Necklace- Forever 21
Bracelets- H&M
Watch- eBay
Earrings- H&M
Lips- Rimmel Lasting Finsh lipstick by Kate Moss in 06
Fellow San Diego style blogger, Face It Catalog, signing the wall. There's now a little #sdstylebloggers section at the Beat! Please ignore my horrible writing, I know its very bad, but look I wrote some stuff in French! 
San Diego Style Bloggers group picture! Alessandra Gonzalez, me, Any Second Now, new blogger, and Face It Catalog. (Source: Any Second Now)
The lovely ladies at The Beat! Thank you so much for hosting such a great event, I had a lot of fun chatting with you and the bloggers that went to the event. Keep on rockin' in the free world and doot doola doot doo doot doo! (If you know that reference I'll love you forever.) 
Disclaimer: I was invited to this event because I'm a fashion blogger in San Diego. The bloggers who attended were gifted a couple of cool pieces from the store. I am not being compensated for this post whatsoever, I'm just a girl who went to this side of town which I never really go to and was very impressed by this rad boutique. That's all. 

No comments :

Post a Comment