Face of the Day | Natural Look with Navy Blue Lashes

If you saw my latest haul then you know how I was suckered in by the new Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Smokey Eyes Mascara in Blue Blaze (that's a ridiculously long name). I was intrigued by the idea of a blue mascara since I've never tried a colored mascara on myself. I honestly didn't know what kind of effect this would give me so I decided to keep my face fairly natural just in case it happened to be an obnoxious blue.


My skin has recently been acting up due to the weather here. I had some dry patches this weekend along with my normal oiliness which let me tell you it does not look cute. My skin is as confused as I am with this weather. Some days it's chilly and cold, and others feel just like summer. Regardless of the weather, the wind has been consistently dry which has contributed to my skin acting up. Normally I wouldn't go for a dewy look but I felt like it was crucial today so that my skin wouldn't look so dull.

Face
I applied a thin layer of the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream all over my face. I'm normally not a fan of this because it makes my oily skin produce even more oil, but when my skin is feeling a bit dry this is not too bad. I used this quite often in the cold Parisian winter when my skin was craving some moisture. I used up what was left of my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in light today. I applied it on my dark circles and any areas where there's redness such as my jaw and around my nose. Since I wanted to keep the skin dewy I applied a very light layer of the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder* with a fluffy brush. On the cheeks I opted for a cream blush today. I love the NYX Cream Blush in Tea Rose because it gives you such a nice natural flush and doesn't feel greasy whatsoever.

Eyes
I started off by using the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe on my lid and then applied a little of Mac Paintpot in Rubenesque in the center of the lid. The Maybelline Color Tattoo is quite matte so the touch of Rubenesque turned it into a very nice base for the next product. I used the Mac Mineralized Skinfinish in Perfect Topping on my lids. It turns into shimmery coral when all the colors in the product are swirled together. On the crease I used a little of NYX Powder Blush in Taupe. See face products can be used in other ways! I went with my usual black winged eyeliner with this look, because why not? I just love how winged eyeliner looks on me. I used the e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in black which is only $1 at Walmart and Target! On my eyebrows I used my trusty Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown which I use pretty much on an everyday basis. And now for the pièce de résistance- the blue mascara. I applied two coats of the Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Smokey Eyes Mascara in Blue Blaze. As you can see from the pictures the blue is not very noticeable, the reason for that is because this mascara is a navy blue color. I personally think it gives your lashes a very natural and defined look since it isn't as harsh as black. The navy blue is noticeable when you're up close though, so this is by no means a marketing scam. So far I'm pleased with the color, I will be writing an in-depth review on this mascara very soon.

Lips
To continue the natural look I opted for a lip balm instead of lipstick. For today's look I went with the Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Just Plum which gives me a decent amount of color and a lot of hydration. I have a review on that product right here.
And that's it! Here's a natural look featuring navy blue lashes. The color is not very noticeable but it does add a nice and natural definition to your eyes.

What are your thoughts of colored mascara? And what colored mascaras have you tried? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment