Winter Skincare Essentials

'Tis the season for dry and dull face but it doesn't have to be that way. Even those of us who with oily skin start experiencing the results of a colder climate and dry wind. The two crucial steps to avoid dry and dull skin is to remember to moisturize your skin well and also exfoliate to get rid of all the dead skin. I'll be sharing with you some of my favorite products and some newer discoveries that are now part of my fall/winter skincare routine.


Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E has been a staple in my beauty routine since my teenage years. It is cheap, available pretty much everywhere, and it is a great moisturizer. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that provides moisture, protects your skin against free radicals, and helps repair your skin. Vitamin E oil may be greasy and slippery but it makes for a great overnight treatment. I replace my night moisturizer with vitamin e at least once a week. If you feel like your skin is really tight then vitamin e might work great on you.

Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Replenishing Night Cream
As soon as the wind started getting dry my skin just went crazy on me. I got dry patches with my usual oiliness which wasn't a very good look at all. I knew then that I had to retire my light moisturizer and go for something a lot more thicker. I was so glad I had bought this cream earlier this year because it was exactly what my skin needed. My skin has been loving this night cream! I'm a very big fan of Sibu Beauty because it works great on my oily skin and this product was another hit for me. It is a thick moisturizer that absorbs effortlessly into the skin. It also doesn't make your skin feel greasy whatsoever. When you wake up your skin just feels so hydrated and plump. It also works wonder on your neck, an area that is often forgotten about. If you have oily skin don't be afraid of incorporating a thicker moisturizer into your skincare routine, especially if it's a night moisturizer. I feel like you can get away with a thicker moisturizer at night.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream
My eye area doesn't generally get dry so I opted for an eye cream that was light in consistency but highly moisturizing. I think the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream is a great option at the drugstore. It has a light gel like texture which absorbs really easily into the delicate eye area. The cream works great in the morning to reduce puffiness and diminish the appearance of dark circles. I've been using it both in the morning and at night and I've been really enjoying the results.

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Baume Lèvres
This is not your standard lip balm. Nuxe is a fantastic French skincare brand who makes a lot of luxe products like dry oils and face creams. "Rêve de Miel" means "dreams of honey" in English and it is a very accurate name for a product like this. This balm has a very thick and moisturizing texture, and smells like honey. I remember the first time I used this in Paris I was kind of shocked at how thick it was but it worked wonders on my very chapped lips. This balm was formulated to withstand really cold climates and repair chapped lips. It is by far the most expensive lip balm I've ever purchased but it is the only one that works this effectively. According to their website one pot of this balm is sold every 28 seconds so you know it has to be really good!

Destiny Boutique Charcoal Facial Detox + Spa Sister Complexion Facial Brush
This is my go-to exfoliating dream team! I have spoken many times about the charcoal cleanser and even have a in-depth review on my blog so I won't ramble on too much about it here. The reason why I love it is because it gently clarifies my skin, and when used with a facial brush it becomes a great exfoliator. If you have a Clarisonic then you can simply use that instead but since I don't currently own one (my birthday and Christmas are coming up *hint hint*)  I just use a normal facial brush with the cleanser. If you want to ditch abrasive exfoliators just start using your favorite cleanser with a facial brush.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Today I'm going to Balboa Park's December Nights for the first time in my life and I'm so excited! I'm going to make sure to take a lot of pictures and even vlog. Now before I leave I want to know what are some of your favorite products for the colder months. Let me know in the comments below. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment