Face of the Day | The Beauty of Simplicity

There was once a time that colored eyeshadow and smokey eyes used to be my go-to looks, even for school. When I first started getting into makeup I figured I could apply almost any color on my face, so I did. Looking back at those pictures aren't necessarily embarrassing, but I do wish I could have taken it easy with Electric Eel (an eyeshadow that I bought just because of MGTM's song Electric Feel). Nowadays I have learned to embrace more neutral looks that enhance some of my features. Hopefully this will be a stage in my life that I look back upon and think "I looked nice," instead of "WHOA, BLUE EYESHADOW!"


FACE
I began the look by applying a thin layer of the L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder in 312 Classic Ivory which has been my go-to foundation at the moment due to the hot weather. Under my eyes I used my favorite concealer, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair. For any blemishes (which I have a lot of at the moment) I used my Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream-Stick in 12 Opal. To set the eye concealer in place I used the E.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder, and for the rest of my face I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent. On the cheeks I wanted a light flush of orange so I turned to the Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Excite. As for highlighter I used the much hyped about Mary-Lou Manizer by the Balm.

EYES
I've been using my Flower Secret Service Cover-Up in CU1 as a primer lately, and due to it's drier consistency it's been working great as a primer. It's been working way better than the Rimmel eye shadow primer that's for sure! After that I powdered the eyelid area a little and then I proceeded to another product that I've been in love with, the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in 02 Lots o'Latte. I just applied that on my lids and a little on my lower lash line, blended it out using my finger, and I was done with eyeshadow! I then added a thin line of navy blue eyeliner and for that I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 006 Deep Blue. On the waterline I used my trusty Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 004 Taupe to add just a hint of definition. I felt like the eye needed just a little bit of brightness so I popped a little bit of the Mary-Lou Manizer in the inner corner using my finger. As for mascara I've been recently in love with the Avon Super Extend Waterproof Mascara in Black. And finally for brows I just went with my usual Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown and my E.l.f. Wet Gloss.

LIPS
I first lined my lips with Nabi Lipliner Pencil in L31 Mauve and then applied my favorite lipstick at the moment which is the MAC lipstick in Plumful.
I really hope you enjoyed my latest face of the day post. Let me know in the comments below some of the things you would do when you first started getting into makeup that leave you wondering "why?" As I mentioned before I was a big fan of blue eyeshadow, but I was also quite big on frosty pastel shades. Maybe I'll have to do a special "throwback Thursday" blog post to show you my makeup evolution.

No comments :

Post a Comment