Preparing for Lucky FABB

By the time you read this I'll be at day-1 of Lucky FABB! As I'm writing this I'm both excited and nervous about attending my first blogger conference. As you may remember I am an introvert so any kind of big gathering always makes me nervous, especially when I know I'll be doing some networking. On Wednesday I decided to prepare myself for the conference, both mentally and physically by packing. Let's just say that planning outfits to wear for a beauty and fashion conference isn't the easiest thing in the world.


Since I don't want to give you any spoilers I won't be showing you the outfits, but I can tell you that they're going to be comfortable. I went for light layers since Southern California has been quite chilly these past few days. Apart from my outfits I also made sure to pack my makeup essentials, and by essentials I mean a bunch of stuff! What can I say? I'm a beauty A-D-D-I-C-T. I am keeping things quite minimal though by going with one palette, one blush, and a couple complimentary items. I don't want to go for a heavy look when I'll be meeting a bunch of new people and probably doing a lot of walking around.

As for toiletries, I went with the normal things. Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body wash... I think you get the idea. I also made sure to pack some accessories like my dainty camera necklace and a chunky gold necklace from Forever 21. Also since I'm going to be in a place full with bloggers it only made sense to bring along the new social stud earrings that I got from C. Wonder which include a hashtag, ampersand, and @ symbol studs.

Since this whole experience is completely new for me I'm finding myself quite nervous about it. It's just a natural reaction when you know you'll be faced with social challenges. I've been reassuring myself that everything will be alright and I'm definitely going to be keeping an open mind. I'm quite good at scouting the other introverts so I'm looking forward to meeting a couple other bloggers who are introverts like myself. And if I do find myself overwhelmed I'll just make sure to step aside for a bit to breathe and regain my composure. It sure isn't easy being an introvert but I'm still looking forward to the whole experience.

I will be vlogging from Lucky FABB and also updating all my social media sites so make sure you're following me there! I can't wait to come back from Lucky FABB with a lot of blogging knowledge and friends. Next week will probably be Lucky FABB week here on my blog so I apologize for the spam in advance. haha
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Let me know in the comments below if you're a good packer or an overpacker. I'm definitely an overpacker as you can already tell from my beauty products.

No comments :

Post a Comment