Beauty of Nature

FTC Disclaimer: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Aveeno and Latina Bloggers Connect.
Hispanic women have always trusted the advice they've received from their mothers and grandmothers, especially as it related to beauty. Many of their tips and beauty secrets usually included the use of ingredients found in nature. Best known for its use in food, oat is actually one of nature's best kept beauty secrets. Oats are comprised of five vital elements that are also found in healthy skin such as: proteins, antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, and lipids. You may remember me telling you about some of the skincare benefits packed in oats back when I did the DIY mask for acne but there's so much more than oats can do.


My mom was the original skincare addict in the family as I was growing up. I remember seeing her cleanse, moisturize, and take care of her skin since childhood. I'm glad her beauty routine rubbed off on me because if her skin is any indication of how I will look like in my 40's and 50's then I'll be looking forward to aging gracefully. I remember making face masks with my mom as I was growing up and oats were definitely one of our favorite ingredient because it's so gentle on the skin. My mom mostly used oats to provide moisture, while I used them to treat my oily skin.

Both my mom and I are a little picky when it comes to what we use on our skin. While my mom definitely prefers her more natural skincare, I look for products that will help treat my skin's needs. Both my mom and I have sensitive skin and Aveeno is one of those brands that works beautifully on our skin. The Daily Moisturizing Body Wash doesn't cause my mom's skin to become irritated and the Daily Moisturizing Lotion doesn't cause my keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) to look worse. Both of us have really been enjoying Aveeno's gentle but effective products so much. Also if you suffer from dandruff I highly recommend Aveeno's dandruff shampoo! The pictures below are of my mom's hands.
Aveeno is proud to debut "The Beauty of Nature," a video narrative featuring Brand Ambassador Jennifer Aniston, which celebrates the abundance of ingredients found in nature with the vast potential to help us enhance beauty. I invite you to watch the short video so you can learn more about oats and the people who harvest them.
 
What are some of the natural beauty secrets passed on by your mom or grandmother? Let me know in the comments below.

Disclaimer: This is a compensated campaign with Aveeno and Latina Bloggers Connect. I was also sent the products but that doesn't sway my opinion. All opinions, pictures, and stories are completely my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment