Day to Night in 5 Easy Steps

Day to Night in 5 Easy Steps
Sometimes we don't have the time to head back home after school or work to get yourself ready. I've been in that position plenty of times but you can easily update your look in a few easy steps. All you're going to need are a few things that will easily fit in your bag or car and a couple of minutes. And don't pretend like you've never done your makeup or tried to change your clothes in the car, we've all done that at one point.


Day to Night Easy
1. Change Your Top- Even if you're wearing jeans, sometimes by simply changing your top you can change the whole look. In this case I traded a comfortable t-shirt for a blouse with printed sleeves. Changing your entire wardrobe at work or school would be a bit too much, but changing your top is more than alright. Plus you can easily fit a blouse in your bag or backpack.
2. Ditch the Gloss- Save your sheer gloss for daytime. Lipstick can instantly change up your whole look, don't believe me? Just look at these pictures! All I did was slap on a red lip and the makeup instantly looks different. You don't have to go for a dramatic red lip but something a bit more opaque will show up better in pictures and give your a more pulled together look.
3. Keep the Liner Dark- I probably wouldn't suggest to bring all the makeup products that you used during the morning along because if you're like me then you use a lot of products. Instead of bringing your beauty arsenal I would suggest you to bring certain key products such as eyeliner. Eyeliner is nice and compact, and it can really make a big difference! You can do a flick, line your waterline, or smoke it out a bit for a more dramatic nighttime look.
4. Control the Oil- Another useful beauty product for a day to night look is powder. Powder won't add any extra coverage but it will control the oil! If you have oily skin like me I would definitely consider adding powder before you head out to your nighttime event. It might seem like a no brainer but trust me, you don't want to be reflecting all the light from the flash with your face.
5. Hair Swap- My hair is currently not long enough to do this but if you have longer hair then I'd highly recommend you to change it up. If you wore your hair down during the day then try pulling it all back into a sleek ponytail or bun. If you had it in braids during the day then release the waves at night. Bobby pins, hair ties, and a comb will be your bff when it comes to doing a quick hair changeup.
Day to Night in 5 Easy Steps
I really hope you enjoyed this blog post! I would like to thank Liz for taking these beautiful pictures of me. I encourage you to go check out her website and if you're in San Diego then you definitely need to check her out and have your pictures taken by Liz.

What are some of your day to night tips? Please feel free to share them in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment