The SPF Roundup

The SPF Roundup
I don't fool around when it comes to protecting my skin. Everytime I step outside my home I make sure that any exposed skin is protected. Everything from my eyelids to my feet get some form of SPF applied to them. I think everyone should start incorporating SPF into their routines, but especially those of us who sunburn really easily like myself. I've even gone as far as to carry a sunscreen with me at all times so I can reapply when necessary. In this blog post I'll be sharing with you all the sunscreen above SPF 30 that I own and I'll be telling you a little bit about each one of them.


The SPF Roundup
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $6.92*
This is exactly the product I have been looking for years! I used to make my own lotion/sunscreen mixtures for the longest time but finally Hawaiian Tropic came out with a quicker way to hydrate and protect your skin. I love this sunscreen because it's so quick to apply, smells nice, and it's very moisturizing. This isn't a greasy sunscreen whatsoever and it absorbs into the skin very easily. My only complaints are that I wish there were more scents available and a higher SPF, but overall this is one of my newest SPF loves.

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Clear Mist Spray Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $8.92*
This is basically the spray form of the lotion sunscreen. The mist incredibly fine and applies evenly in my opinion without the need of using your hands to spread it around . When you first spray it you get a strong alcohol scent which quickly fades away and get replaced by that same coconut/tropical scent that the lotion sunscreen has. I do think this is a lot less moisturizing than the lotion version but for a spray sunscreen this one performs very well.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, $7.97*
This is a sunscreen that I've used for years and years! I mostly stick to the SPF 100 version (because I'm paranoid) but this one performs just as well. The Neutrogena sunscreen has the traditional sunscreen scent, white look, and even some of the stickiness. Although Neutrogena claims that this can be used for both your body and face, I wouldn't recommend applying it on your face. The formula is just a bit too thick and doesn't set as nicely in my opinion, but this is a great sunscreen for your body. If it can last well during Coachella then it will definitely be able to protect you in a less harsh setting.

Coppertone Sunscreen Continuous Spray SPF 50, $5.43 ($2.47 for travel size)
This is the sunscreen that I've been keeping in my handbag for the last few months. I decided to keep sunscreen with me at all times because I sunburn easily and sometimes I feel like the sun is literally burning my skin when I go out. Since I started applying sunscreen whenever I want, I find that I've gotten sunburned a lot less. I like this particular sunscreen because it's the only one I found in a travel size that has SPF 50 and it has a very fine mist as well. Overall the Coppertone Continuous Spray (in the travel size) gets two big thumbs up from me because it's practical and efficient.

Banana Boat Sport Performance Coolzone UVA/UVB Protection SPF 50+, $6.94*
I remember using Banana Boat Sport sunscreen back in highschool when I played in the varsity tennis team. These are strong and very sweatproof sunscreens. I love how refreshing this feels on the skin which is one of the reasons why this is perfect for athletes. Nowadays I use this whenever I know that I'll be out for a lot of hours (such as when I went to the fair). I also tend to use this a lot on my feet since the skin is much thinner and tends to get burned easily.

Avène Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50+, $22
I've been using Avène facial sunscreens ever since I got laser hair removal on my face as a teen. Since my skin became very sensitive due to the lasers, the dermatologist who performed the laser hair removal recommended that I use Avène products because they're very gentle. This sunscreen is very liquidy, applies evenly, and doesn't have a sticky feeling. I find that my makeup looks great when layered on top of the sunscreen due to it's thin consistency. Avène sunscreens are also hypoallergenic, paraben free, and don't have any fragrance. If you want a fantastic facial sunscreen then trust any French pharmacy brand.

I really hope you enjoyed this blog post! If you want me to review any of theses sunscreens in a separate blog post, please let me know in the comments below. I would also love to know what your favorite sunscreens are in the comments.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and thank you so much for subscribing to my YouTube channels! I can't believe both the English and Spanish channels have 2,000 subscribers each. It is pretty crazy in my opinion.

Disclaimer: Items marked with an asterisk were previously part of sponsored blog posts. I'm not obliged to mention them at all in other blog posts, I just happen to use them all the products till this day. 

No comments :

Post a Comment