Fashion Brunch at the W Hotel

Fashion Brunch at the W Hotel
On Sunday I finally got to see some of my blogger friends and meet some new San Diego Style Bloggers members at the Fashion Brunch. The W Hotel in San Diego hosted a fabulous brunch filled with amazing food from their Kelvin Restaurant which included a delicious egg benedict and waffles with caramel drizzled on top. Over a year ago I attended my first blogger event at the W Hotel and it felt amazing to be back at the place where I met some of my friends for the first time. Not only was there good food but also very unique jewelry by two local artists which you will be introduced to in this blog post.


Fashion Brunch at the W Hotel
Fashion Brunch at the W Hotel
Fashion Brunch at the W Hotel
Being the food lover that I am you know I tried a few of the brunch options. I started off with the waffles with peaches, walnuts, and caramel drizzled on top. Those were delicious! I could have easily eaten all of the waffles if I wasn't wearing my Spanx. I mentioned the egg benedict before, but I have to talk about them again because they were delicious! Unlike your standard egg benedict these didn't have an English muffin, instead of a muffin there was a crab cake. Poached eggs, hollandaise sauce, and crab cakes are a match made in brunch heaven. Another stand out from the menu was the champagne mojito which I Instagrammed immediately. I had been craving a mojito for the past few weeks so it felt great to finally get that mojito I had been dreaming about.
Alber Rezko
Alber Rezko
Alber Rezko was one of two jewelry designers that showcased their work at the fashion brunch. Their jewelry was very modern, minimal, and very versatile. A lot of their pieces can be worn more than 2 ways. For example, the earrings can be worn either way since both sides of the earrings have diamonds. The necklace can be used as a normal necklace, a wrap bracelet, or when worn with another necklace it can become body jewelry. They even have a range of XO bracelets and rings which can be worn multiple ways as well and can be easily customized.

Meander Works was the other jewelry designer which appears on my vlog. Marilyn Brogan's jewelry is minimal and environmentally responsible. She is a 1-woman show which I find incredible! Marilyn was telling Alessandra and I about her jewelry and also about the studio where she works at which has a great view of El Cortez in Downtown. I really loved her jewelry because it was so dainty and whimsical looking. The stackable rings are really right up my alley since they can be worn casually or paired with an edgy look.
Fashion Brunch
Fashion Brunch
Shoes- Target (similar)
Bag- Susu*
Earrings- Emma Jane (similar)
Rings- Gifted and Montaj Jewelry (similar)
Glasses- Warby Parker 
Pictures- Tuyaymya of White Tee Black Dress
Fashion Brunch at the W Hotel
Here are all the bloggers at the meetup! It was great to see everyone, including the brand new faces. The picture belongs to Sadaí of Sadaí Ayala who always manages to get the best group pictures at the meetups.
And last but not least here's the vlog! Not only are you going to see the brunch in this vlog but you'll also see my dogs and my mom.

I really hope you enjoyed this blog post! I will have a face of the day post in a few days since I tried something different with my makeup on Sunday.

What is your favorite brunch food? Let me know in the comments below. I love any egg dish since I'm more of a savory girl.

No comments :

Post a Comment