Color Scheme | Peach

All About Peach You might be wondering why I'm posting about peach colored makeup as we head into the fall but when it comes to makeup I'm not one that follows the "rules." Peach makeup is flattering year round so I decided to dedicate a blog post entirely to my favorite peachy colored items in my makeup collection. There's some great blush options options that will pair very nicely with a cat eye. Peachy nudes lip products are the perfect companion to a dark smokey eye. And if you're looking to try out any dark lipsticks this fall, then a soft peachy eyeshadow will let your lips be the main attraction. Peaches might not be in season at the moment but the following products are definitely very fresh.


All About Peach
Peach Blush
Blush
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Captivating, $26
This is one of Tarte's newest shades in their Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush collection. Captivating is a very flattering matte peach shade that can be worn lightly to provide a subtle flush of color or it can be layered for a doll-like look. All the Tarte blushes are very pigmented, blendable, and extremely long lasting- this one is certainly not an exception. Achiote used to be my favorite Tarte blush but Captivating has completely taken over as my #1 Tarte blush.

Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop, $21
The Clinique Cheek Pops received a lot of buzz in the blogosphere back when they first came out. The very first thing that everyone notices is the flower embossed in the blush which sets it apart from all the other blushes in my collection. This has to be by far the cutest little thing and the color is just as nice as the packaging. Peach Pop is a subtle peachy blush with shimmer that looks very natural on the skin. This is certainly a blush that is better suited for sunnier days but sometimes you need a little shimmer in your life when your skin is looking a bit dull in the colder months.

Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in Apricot Glow, $2.97
I was introduced to these Rimmel Stay Blushed Cheek Tints back in June and I absolutely love the consistency of these blushes. The blush has a nice whipped consistency that just glides on smoothly on your cheeks. Apricot Glow is a muted peach shade that can be applied with your fingers or a stipple blush. Like all cream blushes this will have a sheen if it's not set with powder, but it works fantastic on all skin types- even oily skin.
Peach Lips
Lips
Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Cantaloupe, $6.49
I rarely venture to the world of nude colors because they tend to wash me out but this Almay Liquid Lip Balm certainly doesn't give me the dreaded concealer lips look. Whenever I'm looking for a muted lip color that matches nearly every eyeshadow I reach for Cantaloupe. Like all other Almay Liquid Lip Balms, this is extremely comfortable on the lips and provides a lovely peach tint. If you're scared of venturing into the world of nude lips then give this particular shade a go- I promise that you will love it.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Mischievous, $9.49
If you've ever wanted to try a matte lip color without the dry feeling then you need to check out the Revlon Matte Balms. The Matte Balm in Mischievous is a bright peach color that looks beautiful on the lips. This particular color does have the tendency to look a little uneven on the lips but what I do is work the color into my lips with my finger to get almost a stain effect. 
Peach Eyeshadows
Eyes
Flower Beauty Color Play Crème Eyeshadow in Wild Geranium, $7.98
On my quest to find great cruelty-free products I came across the Flower Beauty Color Play Crème Eyeshadows at Walmart. The eyeshadows come in a very luxurious packaging with a white top and glass jar, and the product itself is just as luxurious as the exterior. The Crème Eyeshadows have a whipped consistency, a lot of pigmentation, and they're incredibly long lasting. Wild Geranium is a very shimmery peach shade that looks incredible all over the lid by itself or when paired with a plum shade in the crease.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint in Peachy Apricot, $4.99
If you're looking for a metallic peach eyeshadow then look no further! The Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paints are excellent long lasting eyeshadows that come conveniently packaged in a lip gloss type tube. Peachy Apricot is basically the same color as Wild Geranium but with a metallic finish. The eye shadow paints can be worn heavily for a full-on metallic lids or can be diffused for a soft shimmery wash of color on the lids.

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Peach Smoothie, $5.99
This is the only matte peach eyeshadow in my collection and it's an amazing one. This is a very soft peach shade that can be worn all over the lid for a subtle hint of color or it can be popped in the crease as a transitional shade. Makeup Geek eyeshadows are incredibly soft, pigmented, and have that same high quality feel that MAC eyeshadows do but for a much smaller price tag.
NYC In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in Hamptons Peach
Nail Polish
NYC In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in Hamptons Peach, $1.99
This is my one and only peach colored nail polish because it's hard to find peach nail polishes! Some of them are either too orange or too pink which would make them more of a coral. Hamptons Peach is a color that immediately grabbed my attention when I was browsing the makeup section at Walmart. It is a bright and creamy peach color that looks amazing both on your nails and toenails. I love NYC nail polish but I was particularly impressed with this one because it lasted nearly 2 weeks on my toenails with zero chipping. If you've never tried an NYC nail polish then this one would be a great one to pick up.

I really hope you enjoyed today's blog post. Let me know in the comments below what your favorite peachy makeup products are. Also if you would like to see another post like this one but with a different color scheme just let me know in the comments! I can perhaps do a blog post with all my favorite plum colored products very soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment