Blo Gaslamp

Blo Gaslamp
I've done pretty much everything to my hair- I've dyed it, cut it, straighten it, grown it back out, but I have never gotten a blow out. A few weeks ago Blo Blow Dry Bar opened a new location in Downtown, San Diego and I was invited to go check it out. The salon was ultra modern, clean, and girly- basically a girl's paradise. As soon as I walked in, I knew that this place was something else. When I got the chance to pick out which hairstyle I wanted, I went with the hairstyle that took me out of my "messy curly hair" comfort zone. I said "see ya later" to my messy curls and embraced some glamorous red carpet Beyoncé hair for a weekend. Not going to lie, I was totally digging the flowy hair.


Blo Gaslamp
Blo Gaslamp
Blo Gaslamp
Blo Gaslamp
Blo Gaslamp
I loved the design and layout of Blo. There was a lot of open space, great lighting, and very modern decor. I also really enjoyed how neutral the salon was, of course there were pops of pink here and there but it wasn't in your face.

When the time came to get my hair done, I was assigned Gaby as my hairstylist. She was incredible! She's a Mexican from San Diego who was super down-to-earth and funny. She was also great with my hair. Gaby knew exactly how to work with all the thick hair that I have on my head, I guess it's definitely a Mexican thing. She made the experience incredibly enjoyable for a blow out newbie such as myself. The end result had me overjoyed. It was a very different hairstyle for myself, but I really loved how it looked on me.
Blo Gaslamp
Blo Gaslamp
Blo Gaslamp
Blo Gaslamp
Would I do it again? Absolutely and especially for a special occasion, because I would never be able to give my hair so much style and bounce. I swear I kept running my fingers through my hair so many times during that weekend. I would go back and forth between a middle and side part just to see how the hair would naturally fall down. Spoiler: it looked great any which way. Oddly enough the blow out made my head feel much lighter, not sure how that happened but I enjoyed that as well.
Blo Gaslamp
In the vlog you can see how Gaby gave me that J.Lo hair. My dogs were very impressed by how flowy it was.

You can visit Blo Gaslamp at
435 Island Avenue
San Diego, California 92101
619 431 5400
If you decide to go, make sure to schedule an appointment with Gaby!

Have you ever had a blow out? Let me know in the comments below.

Disclaimer: The blo out was completely free to bloggers attending the opening. I am not being compensated for this post.

No comments :

Post a Comment