$1 Neutral Palette

$1 Neutral Palette
Not too long ago I wasn't able to afford the Marc Jacobs, Burberry, and Hourglass makeup because like many of you I was a student that had to worry about other expenses. There were even some drugstore brands that I found a little expensive such as Sonia Kashuk and Physicians Formula. I would occasionally splurge on a MAC item here and there, but the majority of my makeup collection were drugstore items. During a recent trip to the Dollar Tree, I stumbled upon two neutral palettes that I decided to test out. Will any of these two be worth a trip to your nearest dollar store? There's only one way to find out.


$1 Neutral Palette
$1 Neutral Palette
L.A. Colors Little Black Book of Eyeshadows in Natural
This palette includes 15 small neutral eyeshadows. The eyeshadow pans are dime-sized so I would recommend using smaller brushes in your collection. The colors are mostly on the warmer side of the spectrum, but you're still able to create a beautiful smokey or natural look. One of the biggest cons is the fact that it has no matte shades, but this is a great way to experiment with colors for such a low price. All the swatches were done without a primer.
L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow in Almost Nude
This 6 eyeshadow palette contains a nice combination of colors ranging from a mossy green to a warm copper color. Unfortunately this palette was very chalky, powdery, and the colors didn't have much pigment. This is a palette that I would recommend you to skip, I can't even recommend this for $1. Do yourself a favor and pick another Little Black Book of Eyeshadows or something else from the dollar store.
Here's a little before and after action for you! As you can see the colors looked very bright and the shadows went on so well. I also took a few pictures while I was editing the video to show you that the eyeshadows were not going anywhere! In fact the eyeshadows were still on and looking vibrant by midnight when I took my makeup off. There was just a little creasing by midnight, but I'm not going to hold it against the eyeshadows because that was 11 hours after I recorded my video. Overall quite impressed with the longevity of this $1 palette. 
Time to see the shadows in action! I really hope you enjoy this first impression review.

What has been your best dollar store find? Let me know in the comments below! My best dollar store find was the Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo which has been my go-to weekly clarifying shampoo for two years now. 

No comments :

Post a Comment