The Surprising $1.50 Mascara

I'm guessing you all know by now that my search for the best volumizing mascara is far from over. I've tried a variety of volumizing formulas from drugstore to high-end brands, but this mascara is easily the cheapest volumizing mascara that I've ever come across. Don't let the $1.50 price tag fool you, this mascara can easily compete with the drugstore giants. And if you happen to struggle with keeping your lashes curled all day, then this mascara might work very well for you. Now let me introduce you to the cheapest and most adorable volumizing mascara out there.


This volumizing mascara from Daiso and it's simply called Volume Mascara. That's it! It doesn't have a long and fancy name, no claims, and no brand. The mascara comes in a very girly pink tube with tiny silver polka dots. The mascara has a long wand with a thin hourglass shaped brush which allows you to easily coat all your lashes. The hourglass shaped brushes I've seen in the past have been quite big (for example the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara), so it was a nice surprise to see a thinner version of this type of brush.

The formula of this mascara is very creamy, which is something that I usually don't like but it somehow worked very well. I get little to no clumping with this formula and I also haven't experienced any flaking or smudging. The best thing about the formula is the fact that it keeps your lashes curled for hours! I shouldn't be surprised about an Asian mascara being able to hold a curl, but I certainly wasn't expecting this from a volumizing mascara.
As far as the results, I wouldn't say that this mascara gives you a false lash effect but it does work for an everyday look. My lashes look longer, wispy, and very curled. You'll get a very natural look with just one coat, but when layered this mascara gives your lashes enough oomph so you can look a bit glam while taking care of your everyday tasks.
Overall I think this mascara is a great find and something unexpected from Daiso. There's also a lengthening version of this at Daiso which is going to end up in my basket next time I go to the store.

What do you think of this mascara? Also, what is your favorite affordable mascara? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment