Review | Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review
Today we're going to be talking about mascara! It seems like mascara is one of my favorite makeup products to review, and that's because I don't mess around when it comes to mascara. In my last Ipsy bag I received a sample size Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara and I wasted no time to test it out. This is Smashbox's cult mascara that is used in pretty much every single one of their YouTube makeup tutorials. The Full Exposure Mascara is meant to not only volumize and lengthen the lashes, but it was also designed to be layered which is something that professional makeup artists often do.


Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review
The Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara is a lengthening and volumizing mascara which is supposed to increase your lash volume by 104%, if that's even possible. Smashbox also claims that this mascara won't smudge, clump, or flake. The mascara has an extremely big traditional fibre brush, which is not really ideal if you have smaller eyes. I have to admit that at first I was a little intimidated by the size of the brush, but after a day or two I got the hang of it.

Although I happen to really enjoy this mascara, I don't really think that it lives up to the volumizing claims. If anything, I find this to be more of a natural and lengthening mascara. The mascara does an incredible job of separating and enhancing your natural lashes, and that is why I enjoy this so much. Since I have naturally decent lashes, I've been using the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara a lot as an everyday mascara.

Another thing about the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara that I happen to enjoy a lot is the formula. The formula of this mascara contains olive oil and waxes to keep lashes feeling soft and flexible. The formula is very light and doesn't leave your lashes feeling weighted down. I find that I can't even feel the mascara whatsoever when it's on, and they also feel very soft to the touch. The formula holds a curl quite well and it doesn't smudge or flake. I do find that it clumps ever so slightly when you layer the mascara though.
Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review
Here are my lashes without mascara, after one coat, and after two coats. I personally just do one good coat of mascara since I like the effect the best. You can definitely see how much darker and longer my lashes look. Volume-wise you will get something that is perfect for everyday use, but it won't give you a false lash look. While I love this mascara, I really doubt that I will pay $20 for the full tube. If you want soft and natural looking lashes without breaking the bank then I would recommend going with the Maybelline Full & Soft Mascara.

The Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara retails for $20 and can be found anywhere that Smashbox is sold.

What is your favorite everyday mascara? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment