Outfit of the Day | Lunch at El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria

Lunch at El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria
By know, I think most of you know how much I enjoy discovering new restaurants in San Diego. I'd say that it's one of my favorite things to do in my city, and when the opportunity came to collaborate with El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria in Old Town- I had to say yes! Food and styling a casual outfit? What's not to love? I decided to invite my mom to a casual lunch in Old Town and this is what I wore to our little mother-daughter lunch. You'll also get to see the "lunch of the day" which was really really great. You probably already heard me rave about the lunch if you follow me on Snapchat, but in case you didn't then you'll hear me rave about it in this post as well.


Lunch at El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria
Lunch at El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria
Top- Thrifted (Similar)
Jeans- Thrifted (Similar)
Sandals- Aerosoles
Glasses- GlassesShop
Photographer- My mom
Lunch at El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria
For lunch my mom had the Ensalada del Huerto which has baby mixed greens, fried red beets, fresh gold beets, pistachios, figs, cherry tomato, queso de cabra, and a pomegranate dressing. My mom loves having a refreshing salad for lunch especially during the hot San Diego summers, and she loved the salad. I'm usually not the biggest fan of sweet dressings, but the combinations of flavors in this salad was really great. I particularly loved the lightly fried red beets and the figs (I just love figs in general).

As for myself, I had the highly recommended Taco de Pulpo al Pastor and they certainly lived up to the hype. These are a really fun take on the classic Tacos al Pastor which are extremely popular in Mexico's capital. Instead of using pork, El Agave offers a version of the tacos with grilled octopus. Some of you might get freaked out by the thought of eating octopus, but when cooked right it should taste a lot like lobster. And let me tell you, the octopus at El Agave was grilled to perfection! These tacos had the same tacos al pastor flavor that I know and love, but the octopus really made these tacos stand out. I honestly cannot recommend these tacos enough, they were incredible!

For a full review of the food that both my mom and I had, you can check out the article I wrote on The San Diego Lifestyle. It's definitely worth a read if you happen to be a foodie like myself.
Lunch at El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria
Lunch at El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria
I have to give a huge thanks to El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria for partnering with me on this fun blog post. I really enjoyed getting to taste the incredible food that they have in their menu and also showing my readers a casual outfit idea that would be perfect for a day in Old Town.

If you happen to go to Old Town, I highly recommend you to visit El Agave. I'm already dreaming about the next time I'll have those octopus tacos. Mmmm... tacos.

What would you wear to a casual lunch? Let me know in the comments below.

Disclaimer: This blog post is in collaboration with El Agave.

No comments :

Post a Comment