The Neutrogena Face-Off Challenge

FTC Disclaimer: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Neutrogena and Latina Bloggers Connect.
Removing makeup can not only be a hassle but also time consuming, especially if you're a fan of waterproof mascara like I am. I've been guilty of sleeping with a full face of makeup sometimes which is one of the worst things you can do to your skin. If you don't remove your makeup properly everyday you run the risk of clogging up your pores, causing breakouts, and if the habit continues it can even lead up to premature aging. There's plenty of ways to remove your makeup but today I'm going to be showing you the Neutrogena face-off challenge which puts their Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes to the test! The Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes remove 99.3% of all traces of dirty, oil, and makeup to reveal clean, fresh skin. Will the white towel remain white after removing my makeup? You'll have to keep on reading to find out.


Here's what the #NeutrogenaRostroLimpio face-off challenge consists of:
  • Taking a before photo with makeup on
  • Using one Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelette to remove your makeup
  • Follow up by using your daily cleanser to properly clean your skin
  • Drying your face with the white towel to demonstrate whether you took off all your makeup
  • And last but not least, taking an after picture
As a skincare junkie, I gladly took on this challenge! Since I usually remove my makeup with a micellar water and then use my Clarisonic Mia 2 to cleanse my face, I was a little skeptical about the wipes removing 99.3% of makeup. One Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelette managed to take off all my makeup effortlessly. Everything from my foundation to my waterproof mascara came off so easily that I didn't even need to use the other side of the wipe. I was extremely impressed with how efficiently one wipe worked because I've found myself using up to two wipes to properly remove my makeup in the past. Apart from removing all traces of makeup, the wipes are also very gentle on both your skin and eyes. I didn't experience any stinging or tightness from using the wipes, in fact my skin felt very soft and clean after using the wipe. There's a reason why Neutrogena is recommended by dermatologists two times more than any other brand.

After taking off my makeup I proceded to using my daily facial cleanser as the challenge directed. This is one of the things that I really liked about this challenge because I often see people relying solely on wipes to remove makeup and cleanse your face. The truth of the matter is that you need to follow up any makeup removing product with a cleanser, that's the only way you're going to be able to treat your skin's specific needs and remove all traces of makeup inside of your pores. For example, after removing my makeup I always follow up with a cleanser that combats excess oil production and acne. If you have dry skin then you can follow up with a cream cleanser that will work to hydrate your skin. In order to not cheat I used my fingers to massage the cleanser into my face instead of using my Clarisonic Mia 2. 

Now that I washed my face all I needed to do was dry my face with the white towel and show my results to the world. I patted my face dry (which is what you're supposed to do) and then looked down to find NOTHING! There was no mascara or leftover foundation on the towel! The towel looked the same as when I started the challenge which was incredible. My mom has gotten mad at me plenty of times for not removing my mascara properly before drying my face and now she won't have to worry about mascara stains on our towels.
The verdict: The Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes really do remove all of your makeup! But don't forget to follow it with a cleanser to treat your specific skin needs.

What do you guys think of the results? I personally find the used wipe picture so gross but there's something so satisfying about seeing all your makeup off. If you've tried these wipes let me know how they worked for you in the comments below.

Disclaimer: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Neutrogena. I would like to thank Latina Bloggers Connect for this opportunity. All opinions, stories, and pictures are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment