Review | Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trios

Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trios
2014 has been the year that I've fallen in love with Almay. I went from only using their mascara (which is great by the way) to trying everything from eyeliner to lip balms. Almay has certainly impressed me a lot this year, so I think it's about time that I review a product that I've been raving about since May. If you want smooth, pigmented, and easy to wear eyeshadows then you should really check out the Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trios.


Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trios review
This is going to be a quick and simple review because I see very few cons with the Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trios. The eyeshadows are very soft to the touch, blend out effortlessly, last well on the lids, and the colors in the palettes complement one another very well. There are three different collections in the Intense i-Color family all which complement and enhance the four main eye colors: brown, hazel, green, and blue. The three different collections are bold nudes, smoky-i, and shimmer-i. All the eyeshadows in the trios have either a shimmer or satin finish, there are no matte shadows or chunky glitter.

The shadow trios are one of the best options for people who are just getting into makeup because of how the colors are laid out in the palette. The larger pan is for your lids, then we have the crease color, and at the very top you'll get a light color for a brow highlight. This only serves as a guideline and you are more than free to use the colors as you wish. The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented but they also allow you to build up the intensity, which is very nice for someone who's slowly but surely learning how to work with eyeshadows. I also happen to enjoy building up a color rather than spending extra time to blend it out.

As I mentioned before I find that all the colors work very nicely with one another. When I first saw the Trio for Hazels I was a bit unsure of how the peach shade would look with a navy blue, but the combination looks beautiful on the lid! The Smoky-i for Browns is one of the best neutral palettes with a soft kick. I've raved about that lilac shade in both my May favorites and this face of the day post, but it is honestly one of the most beautiful eyeshadows I've ever seen. Like I said before you can use the palette any way that you please, I've personally been a fan of putting that lilac on my lid and using the brown on the crease. I know you may not believe me but you can do numerous looks with only three colors.

The only cons that I can come up with are that there are a few colors that look extremely similar in the collections such as the lid color in the Trio for Hazels and the lid color in the Shimmer-i Trio for Browns. I also hope they will come up with another collection with matte shades because it would be so nice to have soft and buttery matte eyeshadows from the drugstore. Overall these eyeshadows are a big hit in my book! If you don't have green eyes but you want to try one of those trios then go for it! Don't let the label hold you back, just get what you want like I do all the time. I'm definitely looking forward to picking up a few more trios because I cannot get enough of them.

The Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trios retail for $7.49 at Ulta and the drugstores, and it retails for around $5 at Target and Walmart.
Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Swatches
Have you tried an Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trio? If so, which one? If you haven't, is this something that would interest you? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment