Color Scheme | Plum

Plum For Fall
My first color scheme blog post went so well that I decided to do another one for you. This time around I'm going to be focusing on the color for fall- plum. When it comes to fall trends, plum is a color that comes back in style time and time again. By now it is a color that is attached to the fall season and with good reason, it is universally flattering. Just like the fruit, the colors that fall under plum range from dark to a very warm purple hue. I will be showing you blush, lip colors, eyeshadows, eyeliner, and a nail polish in this blog post. And just like in the peach blog post there's going to be something for everyone's budget. Let's now take a bite out of fall's juiciest color.

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Berry Bliss
Blush
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Berry Bliss, $22
This is one the best discoveries I made in late September/early October. Where have these blushes been all my life? Answer: Waiting for me at Sephora. I had seen these before and never really thought of picking it up because I have oily skin, but then I saw Ashley of MakeupTIA mention these blushes so I had to give them a try. These are the ideal cream blushes for oily skin because of the gel consistency. I find that this plum color looks very natural on my cheeks and the longevity of the blush is out of this world. This is by far the best cream blush I've ever tried.
Plum eyeshadow
Eyes
I was introduced to the San Diego based makeup brand, Addictive Cosmetics, in early October and it is certainly buzzworthy. Addictive Cosmetics is an entirely natural, vegan, and cruelty-free makeup company with a vast selection of eyeshadow and lip color shades. This eyeshadow is certainly on the deeper and warm side of plum, but when blended out it achieves almost a bruised look. I personally have loved this eyeshadow smudged on the lower lash line. It adds a hint of plum without being too in your face.

Ok, well this is technically not plum but just like Suck My Kiss it can land on the warmer spectrum of plum. MAC describes Cranberry as a red-plum with pink shimmer, that's why I felt like it belonged here. This is one of those eyeshadows from MAC that everyone seems to have and for good reason because it is gorgeous. If you have blue or green eyes then you need this eyeshadow! It might look intimidating at first but it's a very easy color for a 1-eyeshadow smokey eye.

This looks more like the color that one thinks of when they hear plum. This is a deep purple with subtle red shimmer. I personally love to use this eyeshadow in the crease to deepen up any eyeshadow look. I find that it also works great for smudging near the lash line for a more rocker vibe. The formula of this eyeshadow is a bit on the dry side so you will need to pack on a few layers, but I personally think it's worth the extra work. 

This is a deep plum eyeliner with a subtle red sheen. I saw these on Ulta for $4 a piece so I decided to pick two unique shades up and this was one of them. I love using this particular color on the waterline for subtle definition and also above the lash line. If you want something that will define your eye but won't look as harsh as black, then plum would be a really great color to look into.
Plum Lipstick

Plum Lipstick
Plum Lipstick Swatches
MAC Lipstick in Plumful, $16
I have a full blog post dedicated to this lipstick so I'll try to keep things shorter here. This is the perfect lipstick to wear when you want some color but you don't want something too bright. Plumful is a beautiful muted plum shade with a hint of rose that will flatter any skin tone. This lipstick feels incredibly comfortable and it pairs well with almost any eyelook. If you do not own this lipstick then you need to head over to MAC and pick it up, I promise that you won't regret it.

Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in Lady and the Vamp, $2
It's crazy to think that a $2 lip product can stain your lips well, but this Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain works beautifully. This used to be my go-to lip product when I would see my boyfriend because 1) It is long lasting 2) Very moisturizing 3) Pretty transfer-proof. The last thing you want to do is leave your boyfriend with the look that he was lipstick on, and you won't run into that problem if you wear something that will stain your lips. This particular color is a beautiful reddish plum that leaves a very similar stain on the lips.

Collection Work the Colour Lip Butter in Perfect Plum, £2.99
I'm so glad that my friend Sarah sent me this color because it is truly the perfect plum lip color. Also this has to be the most pigmented lip butters I've ever encountered! It is opaque with one coat, provides a lovely shine, and it stains your lips a bit. This is the ideal lip color for a simple eye look or a simple winged eyeliner. It is an attention-grabbing shade but much less in-your-face than a vampy lip.
Orly Nail Lacquer in Terra Mauve

This is my one and only nail polish that would fall under the plum spectrum. Terra Mauve is like the nail polish version of Plumful. I tend to wear this on my nails when I want to see some color but don't want anything too bright like a hot pink or red. Orly nail polishes are some of my favorite and this creamy color won't disappoint.

I hope you enjoyed the latest color scheme blog post. Please leave any color scheme suggestions in the comments below, I would love to keep doing these blog posts.

What are your favorite plum-colored makeup products? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment