My New Haircut | Short Choppy Bob

Short Choppy Bob
As you may or may not know, I got another haircut! At this point of my life, I'm a very proud member of the "short hair, don't care" club. Heck, I might even consider myself the president of that club since I love short hair so damn much. Short hair is so much fun, cool, and easy to take care of. Plus, any cut that will enhance my curly hair is definitely a winner in my book. This time around I wanted to play around with more layers so I went with a very interesting choppy bob. You might be wondering what makes this bob so different, but don't worry because I will explain it all to you.


I highly recommend you watch the video before you look through the rest of the post. In the video I'm going to explain the cut, as well as the things that make this cut different from other bobs that I've had in the past. LC from Ashen Salon in La Jolla did such an amazing job with this cut and I highly recommend her if you live in the San Diego area. She is absolutely incredible with curly hair!Short Choppy Bob
Short Choppy Bob
My hair when it's parted from the left side, which happens to be my favorite side. I've been parting my hair from the left side for around 10 years now which seems crazy. It all started when I had those thick side bangs that were popular among MySpace kids.
Short Choppy Bob
This is how my hair looks like when it's parted down the middle. I didn't used to be a fan of the middle part until very recently. The middle part works particularly well when wearing hats since the hair lays to the sides and isn't covering the forehead.
Short Choppy Bob
Hello volume! When I part my hair to the right side I instantly get tons of volume and the choppy bob looks a bit more asymmetrical. Try parting your hair the opposite side if you want to get really crazy volume.
Short Choppy Bob
Short Choppy Bob
Here's a look at the side and back of my head. As you can tell there's a lot of layers which allows the curls to bounce up and really stand out.
Short Choppy Bob
Another interesting thing about my bob is the undercut that's hiding beneath all those curls. As I explained in the video, I have an undercut for practical reasons not to be edgy. The undercut is extremely helpful for people who have curly, wavy, or just a lot of hair. It allows the hair to lay flat along the head instead of fluff up.
Short Choppy Bob
And that's it! I made sure to take lots of pictures just in case anyone was interested in this exact cut. You can either pin these pictures on Pinterest, save them on your phone, or have this post loaded on your phone for your hairdresser to take a look.

What is your go-to haircut? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment