Face of the Day | Glam Holiday Look

So I already showed you an easy holiday look but today I have a more dramatic look for those who are planning to get dressed up this Christmas. While a lot of people try to incorporate a red lip to their holiday look I decided to go for green. A deep green smokey eye always looks amazing on anyone in my opinion. I'm going to be showing you how I got my glam look using primarily drugstore products.


Face
I started off the look with my favorite foundation at the moment, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 52 Vanille. I bought this foundation before I left Paris and it had been sitting in my makeup drawer for a while until i decided to finally give it a try. I don't know why I waited so long to use this since it is one of the best lightweight foundations I've ever tried! For any blemishes and darkness I used my trusty Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream-Stick in 12 Opal and under my eyes I used a bit of the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair. To set everything in place I've been using the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder that I've heard so much about on GlamLifeGuru's YouTube channel. It has an elderly woman smell but the product itself is beautiful! And finally, I didn't want to add any color on the cheeks so I just used the NYX Blush in Taupe to do a bit of contouring.

Eyes
In order to achieve a dark smokey eye I started by adding a dark colored base to my lid. I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Deep Blue all over my lid and blended it out with my finger. The eyeshadows I used are all from the $5 Wet n Wild palette in Comfort Zone which has some amazing colors perfect for those who like neutral shades. I grabbed some of the green "crease" shade which has some gold micro glitter and pressed that shadow on my lid using a stiff eyeshadow brush. I only applied that shade on the lid, for the crease I applied a bit of the "browbone" shade (I also used that shade on the inner corner of the eye). Remember that with smokey eyes you really want to spend some time blending out the shades, you will probably need two blending brushes to achieve a really nice blended look. To give the lid a more green hue I added a bit of the green "eyelid" shade. And finally I grabbed the deep blue eyeliner again and drew a thin line on the lower lashline before I applied the same "crease" shade we used on the lid. After the eyeshadows has been applied I took the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black and lined my waterline and tightline. I then applied one coat of the Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara and then I had to move on to my eyebrows! I wanted to really define my my brows so after I filled them in with the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown I went in with the Mac Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 to outline my eyebrow.

Lips
I never like to do a dark or colorful lip when I wear a smokey eye so I stuck with a nude shade. I first lined my lips with the Boots Nº7 Line & Define Lip Pencil in 20 Nude and then filled my lips in with the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mauve It Over.
I really hope you enjoyed this very simple green smokey eye that is great for more formal Christmas gathering. I personally had no where exciting to take this makeup out to so I went over to Walmart and Best Buy (I know, I had such a glamorous night).

Let me know in the comments what your Christmas is going to be like. My Christmas Eve is going to be a pretty chill one at home with my family so I'm probably going to be wearing a bold lip and winged eyeliner as usual.

No comments :

Post a Comment