Nails of the Day | David Bowie Nails

David Bowie Nails
I was just browsing the "nails of the day" tag on my blog and it seems like I haven't posted one in over a year. I feel like running to my room and cover my face in embarrassment right now. How did that even happen? How did I not post a "nails of the day" when I paint my nails once or twice a week every week of the year? I honestly don't know how that even happened but I'm bringing "nails of the day" back from the dead with some rock'n'roll glam. By now you all know that I love David Bowie, I've done a Ziggy Stardust makeup tutorial and even named named my dog Bowie. When I saw these David Bowie nail decals on Etsy, I knew I had to buy them for Outside Lands. This post is more of a throwback post, but I just wanted to show you the Outside Lands approved David Bowie nails!


David Bowie Nails
David Bowie Nails

These work exactly the same way as a temporary tattoo but they're for your nails. I would recommend applying a coat of a light colored nail polish, preferably white so the decals can really pop. Apply your base color and wait for it to fully dry before applying the decals. Once the nail polish has dried, cut out the decal as precisely as possible to get the best result possible. You're going to moist the decal and press lightly on your nail so the image can transfer onto your nail. And just like a temporary tattoo you're going to peel back the paper and the decal should be on your nail! I had these nails for over a week with absolutely no chips because I applied the Essie Gel Setter Top Coat which is fantastic!
David Bowie Nails
Jane from the Etsy shop janestinything has a great variety of decals available from Girl Power icons to yummy junk food.

Are you a fan of nail decals? Let me know the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment